Over the years we have had an opportunity to work with a number of non-profit organizations, ranging from large agencies and foundations to smaller organizations. We have also worked with professional and trade associations, health care organizations, and community organizations.
Non-profits have the same Human Resources challenges that any other organizations have. But it is important to recognize some of the unique aspects of them. This typically includes:
- Employees who are mission-oriented
- Governance by a board of director or trustees
- Restrictions on how funding can be used
- Broad groups of stakeholders that have a say in how the non-profit fulfills its purpose
There are of course many others. Yet we have found that the services we provide to our private-sector clients are applicable to the non-profit sector. Just like our private-sector clients, our consulting work for non-profits includes:
- Human Resources consulting – We have helped non-profits with their compensation programs, performance management systems, job description development, training, and many others.
- Recruiting and talent acquisition – We have successfully recruited Executive Directors for several organizations, and we can help you find top Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations, and other professionals just as we have for our private-sector clients.
- Temporary HR contractors // Fractional HR – Maybe you have a need for temporary assistance with recruiting, onboarding, and other HR projects. A fractional HR professional can help.