Library Director opportunity at the Ritter Public Library
Ohio is home to some of the nation’s best libraries. Here is your chance to lead one.
Download the position profile here.
The trustees of the Ritter Public Library in Vermilion, Ohio are seeking a visionary leader as its next Director. This highly visible, mission-oriented leadership position will plan, implement, and administer all aspects of the operation of the Ritter Public Library. In addition, the new Director will provide strategic leadership and possess a strong orientation towards intellectual freedom, service, innovation, and community collaboration to meet the new challenges and changing needs of the Library’s customers and the larger community.
About Ritter Public Library
The Library’s mission is to enrich, empower, entertain. It provides the residents of the Vermilion Local Schools district with a variety of books, movies and music; computers and access to the Internet; educational and entertaining programs and classes; and other materials and services.
The Ritter Public Library is in the middle of the town’s central district and is architecturally noteworthy for being the first Ohio library to earn the LEED Gold Award for leadership in energy and environmental design. Built in the 1950s, the Library has gone through several major renovations with the most recent in 2010. Learn more here.
About Vermillion, Ohio
Vermilion is a lakeside community in Northeast Ohio located between Toledo and Cleveland. Situated on Lake Erie and the Vermilion River, it has a vacation resort feel, with cottages, marinas, shops, and ongoing festivals and events. It is also notable for having the highest-rated Zagat restaurant in Ohio, Chez Francois Restaurant, offering fine dining with French cuisine.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience with most aspects of Library operations.
- Experience with strategic planning and leading organizational growth.
- Experience building strong, collaborative work groups focused on attaining superior results.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with Trustees/Board members, community partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to implement policies and uphold the principles of intellectual freedom to ensure free, equitable, and confidential access to information for all people of the community.
- Experience in a management position within a public library is preferred.
- Experience working collaboratively with collective bargaining units is preferred.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science is strongly preferred although other relevant Master’s level disciplines will be considered.
A generous compensation package includes competitive base pay with a pay range minimum of $80,000; healthcare benefits include time-off, medical, dental, vision, pension plan, and more.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.