Library Director opportunity at the Oberlin Public Library
Ohio is home to some of the nation’s best libraries. Here is your chance to lead one.
Download the position profile here.
The trustees of the Oberlin Public Library in Oberlin, Ohio are seeking a forward-thinking, strategic leader as its next Director. This hands-on, mission-oriented leadership position will plan, implement, and administer all aspects of the operation of the Oberlin Public Library. The new Director will provide strategic leadership and possess a strong orientation towards vision, customer service, staff training and development, innovation, intellectual freedom, and increasing community collaboration.
About Oberlin Public Library
The Library is committed to its mission of informing, educating, inspiring, and entertaining. They strive to create an environment where civic engagement, learning, and literacy thrive.
Not only does the Oberlin Public Library serve the residents of Oberlin, they play a role as a regional library and service smaller communities nearby in Lorain County and other counties as well. They are actively involved in supporting the community in unique ways, such as through The Bridge, a division of the library that serves as technology resource to address the digital divide. Located near the town square, the Library is an integral part of the community.
About Oberlin, Ohio
Oberlin is an historic community in Northeast Ohio just west of Cleveland. Home to the world-renowned Oberlin College and Conservatory, the town is known for its Midwest charm, progressiveness, and history of civil rights and social justice. A thriving college community with a vibrant town square, Oberlin offers wonderful amenities, numerous cultural and arts activities including several art museums, performing arts centers, outdoor recreation, and the support of its residents and business community. The region offers easy access to Lake Erie, Cleveland, Akron, Lorain, and Toledo.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience with most aspects of Library operations.
- Experience with strategic planning and leading organizational growth.
- Experience building strong, collaborative work groups focused on attaining superior results.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with Trustees/Board members, community partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to use empirical data to drive change and measure results.
- Ability to implement policies and uphold the principles of intellectual freedom to ensure free, equitable, and confidential access to information for all people of the community.
- Experience in a management position within a public library is preferred.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science is strongly preferred although other relevant Master’s level disciplines will be considered.
A generous compensation package includes competitive base pay with a pay range minimum of $90,000; healthcare benefits include time-off, medical, dental, vision, pension plan, and more.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.