Library Director, Fiscal Officer, and Human Resources leader recruiting
It has been our privilege to work with a number of public library systems by helping them find their next Library Director, Fiscal Officer, or Human Resources leader.
As these are high-profile and critical positions in your Library, you need a partner with proven library recruiting expertise in sourcing qualified candidates and facilitating the screening and selection process. We bring a unique perspective to our work because we have experience in all Human Resources disciplines as well as recruiting, which means you get:
- Years of experience recruiting executive-level talent and knowing how to locate and engage with top talent.
- A sensible approach to engaging with the labor market for talent, whether through our broad network of library and public-sector professionals or using the newest technology tools to connect with talent.
- Experience working with Library senior management, trustees, and community stakeholders to ensure all constituencies who have input are heard.
- A diverse pool of talent reflecting the needs of your community, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Guidance on how to develop a job description so that you can clearly convey what the role is about.
- Accurate compensation data based on our extensive experience benchmarking library positions so that you know what an appropriate compensation package should look like.
- Providing you with a robust screening and selection process so that you are learning the most about candidates and how they would be successful in the role.
- Assistance with making the offer, negotiating with the finalist/s, and recommending best practices for orientation and onboarding.
- Providing tools to set expectations and assist you with coaching and performance management.
Our library clients include
- Clermont County Public Library
- Cleveland Public Library
- Cuyahoga County Public Library
- Delaware County District Library
- Stark Library
- Stow – Munroe Falls Public Library
- Tiffin – Seneca Public Library
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library
- Westerville Public Library
- Wickliffe Public Library
- Ohio Library Council
We understand libraries’ unique workplace dynamics, trends in librarianship, the challenges libraries face, and what the future holds. We are members of the American Library Association/Public Library Association [ALA/PLA], Ohio Library Council [OLC], Michigan Library Association [MLA], Ohio Government Finance Officers Association [OHGFOA], and the International Public Management Association for Human Resources [IPMA-HR].