Job Opportunity: Fiscal Officer / Finance Director for Dayton Metro Library
We are excited to be partnering with Dayton Metro Library to help them find their next Fiscal Officer/Finance Director.
About the Opportunity
In this rewarding, strategic role, the Fiscal Officer/Finance Director leads all aspects of the fiscal management of the library system. Additionally, the Fiscal Officer/Finance Director administers the organization’s almost $40 million budget, revenue flow, investments, purchasing, compliance, and risk management activities. The Fiscal Officer/Finance Director also plans, organizes, oversees, and directs all of the library system’s finance operations, reporting, records, and staff. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Fiscal Officer/Finance Director serves as a key member of a talented, diverse executive leadership team that drives the Library’s mission to Inform, Inspire and Empower its patrons and the community.
Learn more about the role here.
About Dayton Metro Library and the community
Named a 3-Star Library by Library Journal in 2020, the Dayton Metro Library has 18 branches and a Main Library that anchors downtown Dayton, Ohio. Dayton Metro Library is in the final stages of completing a $187 million building project, which has enabled them to build or renovate each location. With a new strategic plan that is Focused for Impact, Dayton Metro Library is poised to:
- Strengthen human, physical, and financial assets.
- Multiply potential through relationships, engagement, and communication.
- Enhance the community quality of life.
- Expand youth horizons for learning.
- Build equity in the community.
Position Qualifications and Compensation
Ideal candidates will have:
- Five  years or more of public sector finance and accounting experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant discipline is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- CPA, CGFO, or other related professional certification is preferred.
- Experience, knowledge, and skills in all aspects of public sector financial management including:
- Generally accepted accounting principles [GAAP]
- Budget administration and development
- Financial analysis and planning
- Risk management and legal compliance
- Investment management
- Proficiency in the following core competencies:
- Customer Service
- Collaboration and Engagement
- Project and Change Management
- Experience as part of a collaborative leadership team focused on organizational development and positive results.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with Library Board members, community/local and state-level government officials, business leaders, civic organizations, the general public, and library staff.
- Commitment to social justice and diversity, equity, and inclusion
A generous compensation package includes competitive base pay with a pay range of $101,000 to $169,000; healthcare benefits include time-off, medical, dental, vision, OPERS retirement plan, and more.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No third-party candidates please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.