Job Opportunity: Chief Financial Officer for Cuyahoga County Public Library
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
We are excited to be partnering with Cuyahoga County Public Library to help them find their next Chief Financial Officer.
About the Opportunity
This is a key strategic leadership position that serves as an essential member of, and trusted fiscal advisor to, an all-star executive leadership team who drive the Library’s mission to empower individuals and communities by providing opportunities for all to read, learn, create, and connect. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and directly supervising a staff of two, the Chief Financial Officer plans, organizes, and directs the library’s financial operations and oversees the library’s investments, payroll, purchasing, and risk management.
You can find out more about the role here.
About Cuyahoga County Public Library
Cuyahoga County Public Library has 27 branches that serve 47 communities in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. CCPL has been rated a Library Journal five-star library for 13 consecutive years from 2009 to 2021. Founded in 1922, Cuyahoga County Public Library is widely recognized locally, regionally, and nationally for high-quality public service.
Position Qualifications and Compensation
Ideal candidates will have:
- Seven  years or more of public sector finance and accounting
- experience is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant discipline is required.
- CPA, CGFO, or other related professional certification is preferred.
- Experience, knowledge, and skills in all aspects of financial management including:
- Generally accepted accounting principles [GAAP]
- Fund and cash management and controls
- Budget administration and development
- Investment and asset/risk management
- Financial analysis and planning
- Legal compliance requirements
- Proficiency in the following core competencies:
- Commitment to integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Collaboration and partnership
- Emotional intelligence
- Service orientation
- Operational excellence
- Experience as part of collaborative, high-level leadership team focused on organizational development.
A generous compensation package includes competitive base pay with a pay range of $130,000 to $165,000; healthcare benefits include time-off, medical, dental, vision, pension plan, and more.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com. No third-party candidates please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.