Job Opportunity: Fiscal Officer for Clermont County Public Library [OH]
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
We are excited to be partnering with Clermont County Public Library to help them find their next Fiscal Officer.
About the Opportunity
In this mission-driven, hands-on leadership position, the Fiscal Officer plans, implements, administers, and supervises all aspects of the financial operations for the library system. Reporting to a seven-person Board of Trustees, the Fiscal Officer also ensures that all financial operations comply with applicable laws and statutes of the State of Ohio, state auditing requirements, standard finance and accounting practices, and established policies and decisions of the Board of Trustees. As the top financial administrative officer of the library system, the Fiscal Officer is responsible for regular financial reporting [ad hoc, monthly, and annual] and recordkeeping. The Fiscal officer also provides oversight of expenditures, assets/revenue/cashflow, investments, payroll and other general accounting activities, and departmental staff.
You can learn more about the opportunity here.
About Clermont County Public Library
Clermont County Public Library began library service in 1955, with a bookmobile and a small office as its first facilities. Since then, the library system has expanded to ten locations, achieving a goal to have a library within fifteen minutes driving time for all Clermont County residents. The library system has a $11 million annual operating budget and over 100 dedicated team members. The mission of the Clermont County Public Library is to foster lifelong learning by providing resources that inform, programs that engage, and ideas that inspire. To learn more, visit clermontlibrary.org
Ideal candidates will have:
- Five  years or more of public sector finance and accounting management experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Experience, knowledge, and skills in all aspects of financial management including:
- Budget planning and administration
- Forecasting/Financial planning and analysis
- Generally accepted accounting principles [GAAP]
- Government Auditing Standards [GAS]
- Proficiency in the following competencies:
- Organizational awareness
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- Experience as part of a collaborative leadership team and other workgroups focused on attaining organization-level and departmental goals.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, as required.
- CPA, CGFA, or other related professional certification is a plus.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com.
No third-party candidates please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.