Director of CLEVNET opportunity
On behalf of our client, CLEVNET, we are seeking exceptional candidates for the Director of CLEVNET position.
Download the position profile here.
This highly visible, mission-oriented, leadership position is responsible for setting the strategic direction of CLEVNET and leading its overall operations and virtual team members. In this multifaceted, challenging role, you will:
- Manage the development, implementation, application, maintenance, and support of library service and information management software [including integrated library system (ILS), eMedia, and library databases] for CLEVNET member libraries.
- Collaborate with the CLEVNET Executive Panel and Cleveland Public Library leadership to develop new technical and governance policies and procedures and to launch new initiatives to improve offerings, services, and operations.
- Oversee third party maintenance agreements, evaluate vendor performance, and participate in specification, selection, acquisition, and evaluation of system hardware and software including negotiating with vendors.
- Confer and partner with state agencies and strategic partners such as the State Library and OPLIN.
Although the position is primarily a virtual one, this role is based in Northeast Ohio to best facilitate on-site meetings with leadership, customers, and other key stakeholders as required.
A generous compensation package includes competitive base pay with a pay range minimum of $127,000; healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, time-off and others offered by the Cleveland Public Library; retirement benefits include participation in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System public pension plan.
Established in 1982, CLEVNET is operated by the Cleveland Public Library and is one of the largest library resource sharing networks in the United States. The consortium includes 47 library systems across 12 different Ohio counties with 12 million items and approximately one million customers. CLEVNET allows library patrons to access the vast collections of every participating library. Additionally, CLEVNET provides critical information technology solutions [network, software, hardware, and general technical support] to its member libraries. CLEVNET is Library Cooperation.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working with integrated library systems is required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience directly supervising employees is required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a consortium or multi-site library system is preferred.
- Experience working with various application programming systems, scripting languages, relational databases, and tools relevant to libraries is required.
- Experience researching, assessing, and implementing technical tools is required.
- Experience with ILS application processing interfaces is preferred.
- Experience working with the complexity of multiple library systems and their management is preferred.
- Experience in public library, public-sector, and a union environment is preferred.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science is required.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled persons covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act [ADA] in accordance with its requirements.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.