Library Director search for the Wickliffe Public Library
We are pleased to assist another public library with their recruiting needs. On behalf of our client, the Wickliffe Public Library, we are seeking exceptional candidates for a new Library Director opening.
The Library Director serves as the chief administrator of the organization and leads and oversees the day-to-day operations, services, programming, and dedicated staff of the Public Library according to the policies, by-laws, and directives established by the Board of Trustees and the laws of the State of Ohio. The Library Director is responsible for maintaining a safe environment that equally serves all people in the community by addressing their informational needs and providing lifelong learning opportunities.
This is a highly accountable leadership position that also involves developing and innovating the Library’s policies, programs, practices, and technology to best serve this historic organization. Additionally, the Library Director acts as a principal advisor and strategic partner to the Board. As such, s/he ensures that strategic action plans are successfully developed and implemented and that outcomes are thoroughly reported.
Qualified candidates will have
- Experience with all aspects of library [or similar education/community-based organizational] operations, facilities management, human resources management, and public services/educational programming is required.
- Experience leading, hiring, training, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required. A Master’s degree in Library Science or Education is preferred.
- Experience in a management position within a public library is preferred.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with board members or trustees is preferred.
- Experience with grant writing is preferred.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and more; generous public pension plan [Ohio Public Employees Retirement System]; and paid training/continuing education and professional association memberships.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes will be accepted. No third party candidates please.