Human Resources Director search for the Clermont County Public Library
We are privileged to assist another public library with their recruiting needs. On behalf of our client, the Clermont County Public Library [CCPL] we are seeking exceptional candidates for a new Human Resources Director opening. The Human Resources Director leads the organization’s Human Resources Department and is responsible for the development and implementation of the library’s comprehensive talent management strategy. As the principal people manager, s/he will be the driving force behind the individuals who help realize CCPL’s mission to foster lifelong learning by providing resources that inform, programs that engage and ideas that inspire.
Specifically, the Human Resources Director will assess, set, implement, and achieve long-term Human Resources goals and objectives in the areas of employee relations, performance management, training and development, recruitment, compensation, benefits, compliance, personnel administration and others in alignment with the library’s strategic plan. Also, this person serves as the critical liaison to all CCPL’s staff and managers. In addition, the Human Resources Director is the primary Human Resources business partner to executive leadership.
- 10 or more years of professional experience in all Human Resources disciplines [employee and labor relations, performance management, training and development, recruitment, compensation, benefits, compliance, personnel administration, etc.] is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
- A master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience hiring, training, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff is required.
- Experience as a Human Resources leader in a medium- to large-size public employer is preferred.
- Experience with labor relations and collective bargaining is required.
- Experience with the requirements of transparency and openness in all matters required of public organizations is required.
- Experience in multi-unit / multi-location management and with distributed workforces is required.
- Experience building consensus and relationships among business partners, executives, managers, and staff is required.
- Experience using the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, open houses, and virtual job fairs to develop candidate pipelines is required.
- Experience with capturing metrics and producing various employment-related reports is required.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing board members or trustees is preferred.
- Experience working as part of a senior management team is preferred.
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and more.
- Generous paid time off benefits.
- Eligibility to participate in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System [OPERS].
About Our Client:
Clermont County Public Library began library service in 1955, with a bookmobile and a small office as its first facilities. Since then, the library system has expanded to 10 locations, achieving a goal of the Library Board to have a library within fifteen minutes driving time of all Clermont County residents.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter [including salary requirements] via email to: email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes will be accepted. No third party candidates please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.