Chief Talent Officer search for Cleveland Public Library
We are pleased to assist another public library system with their search for their Human Resources leader. Our client the Cleveland Public Library is seeking a Chief Talent Officer to lead its Human Resources strategy and service delivery to its over 700 employees in 27 locations throughout Cleveland.
The Chief Talent Officer is responsible for leading all Human Resources activities including employee relations, performance management, succession planning, training and development, talent management, and more. This includes leading a staff of Human Resources professionals engaged in these activities. The Chief Talent Officer will be part of the Executive Team and report to the Deputy Director.
We are seeking candidates who display a high level of skill in the competencies required for senior level Human Resources professionals, along with the following:
- Innovative with an eye toward process improvement and enhancing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Entrepreneurial with the capacity to seek new ways to create demand for the services provided by Cleveland Public Library and help develop new offerings to serve our patrons.
- Strategic thinker who can develop staffing plans to serve our patrons now and in the future.
- Tech-savvy and adept at using MS Office effectively and comfortable using multiple social media and social networking platforms.
You should bring the following education, experience and qualifications to the role:
- 10 to 15 years of experience in all Human Resources disciplines [employee relations, performance management, training and development, recruitment, compensation, benefits, compliance, personnel administration, etc.].
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR certification.
- Experience leading the Human Resources function in a large, multi-unit organization with a distributed workforce.
- Experience in pubic-sector organizations at the municipal, county, or regional level.
- Experience with the requirements of transparency and openness in all matters required of public organizations.
- Experience working with bargaining units.
- Experience with capturing metrics and producing various employment-related reports.
- Experience with developing and managing affirmative action plans.
- Experience developing and driving diversity and opportunity for all employees.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing board members or trustees.
If you are interested in any of these roles, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have a colleague who may be interested, please feel free to share this with them.